Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Memories

I don't know how we got to chatting at bedtime tonight, but I think Spencer said something about wanting me to talk about fun times with Adam. Since Spencer generally asks about hiking with Adam most nights lately for his bedtime Daddy story (from watching our family movie of our hike to Rancheria Falls in CA) I was thinking about other hikes I took with Adam. I told him one of my favorites, hiking to Big Pools at night with Adam when we were dating (maybe even engaged at this point). I remember he took me off some main road a ways...I sort of thought "WHERE is he TAKING ME??!" In truth (I left this part out, boys) I thought he was just taking me some place to make out. :) So we parked the car in the middle of the woods, he jumps out of his car and gets a flashlight out of his trunk. And then we went off to hike by the moonlight. It must've been a full moon because the moon was super bright. I remember nearly falling down, tripping on fallen branches and tree limbs along the path, multiple times. But his hands would catch my fall. Eventually we met up with some of his friends who (now that I think about it...they weren't parked near Adam's car, so I don't know WHERE Adam must've taken me to park!) were down by Big Pools, having a bon fire. Some of his brave friends were jumping off the falls. The only people I remember for sure that night were Bry Dunkle, Beth and Tim with baby Darcy, and John Daley. I think Matt and Mark were there too, but that part is sort of fuzzy. I mostly remember Adam. It was a beautiful night. I don't think I had met many of his friends at this point (so maybe we weren't engaged quite yet) so maybe that's why this was a memorable night. Or maybe it was because it was such a picture-perfect night. I realize now that I have a lot of those with Adam. Which is good. My brain needs to have a nice love story to remember since it may very well be all I have to dwell on for the rest of my life. Anyway, I remember hiking back to the car at the end of the night. I remember how he felt as he kissed me under the moonlight. I remember.

The boys just got the hiking version of the story. Typical boys. That's all they wanted to hear about, parading like Robinhood in the forrest. Ahh, I love these little boys. They're each like Adam in their own little ways. Mischievous, intelligent, always scheming, and always with a little glimmer in their eyes. I always knew when Adam was up to something. I'm glad that I don't have to wonder when my boys are up to something--they get that same little glimmer in their eyes, just like their Daddy.

2 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

Very sweet story. Such sweet boys too, and I've seen that cute glimmer. Love you!

Amber Marie said...

what a sweet, sweet memory! i hope these memories that come to you are being written down in all the details you can think of.

i really liked your last post about your friend who gets things done for herself. everyone in every situation can definitely learn from someone like that.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.