Friday, August 31, 2012

Apples







Last night we did something dreamy. Maybe it was just the way I watched my kids have the ability to have space to run around or maybe it is just because it was a fall-like activity. Or maybe it is because having a home and land like that has always been a dream of mine.

Last night we went apple picking. The little boys chased chickens and dogs, I picked apples and soaked in the scenery of a beautiful home and acreage with mature trees. We used an apple press to make homemade apple cider that was out-of-this-world delicious. I seriously love this evening we had, even if it was a bit warm and my allergies (that I've just discovered) are having a bit of a fit. THIS is the life, my ideal. And THIS is yet one more something special about Nebraska that I don't think I could experience in any other way or place. It almost seals the deal for me, wanting to live here forever.

It's interesting how these experiences make me realize once again how much we love it here. A mix of city and country, amazingly generous, loving people in the Midwest. I just love it. I long for the day I can retire and live on a plot of land and tend it, with orchards and all. So. So. Dreamy.

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

sounds dreamy for sure! that apple cider is making me salivate!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.