Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gratitude

Today I'm thankful for friends. I have told several people lately of the fact that while family is important, having good friends who surround us brings the spice of life and makes life not only bearable, but enjoyable.

Last night, a sweet friend did one of the kindest things I could ask for--and I didn't even ask for it. The boys' therapist told me that I need to send my boys away with friends, or have someone stay at my house weekly while I go elsewhere to sleep. My friend offered to take the boys overnight--all of them. It was the best thing. She offered to do this before the therapist suggested this. I didn't see it as a coincidence. A night of uninterrupted sleep, other than my quick awakenings only to realize my good fortune and fall back asleep. I got to sleep in until 8:15 and not have to jump out of bed to change diapers and clean up wet boys. It felt SO good. It was also good to be able to go out with friends the previos night for dinner and a movie. Merry Christmas to me!

You know, just when I think that God has forgotten me and isn't aware of my battles, He places good people in my life. God doesn't promise us money trees, instant gratification, or an "easy" way out--but He does provide a way. The way might not be our first choice or even logical to our minds. But He knows. And He knows us. I'm so grateful to have friends who listen to the promptings they receive from God, for my life has been richly blessed to be associated with such amazing people. Thank you, sweet friends.

3 comments:

H said...

Yay for you...and yay for awesome friends!

Megan said...

I love what you said at the end, "God doesn't promise us money trees, instant gratification, or an 'easy' way out--but He does provide a way." You said it all perfectly! Thanks for being such a great example to me, Melissa!

sarah said...

So, we really do need to talk. I'm not sure about what, but keep having that feeling that we should. I love this post.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.