Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ten Things

I'm amused by the following 10 things today:

1. Mitt Romney has a single son who's in a radiology residency.

2. One of the idiotic magazines that still comes in Adam's name (no matter how many tantrums I've thrown on the phone to the ABR) listed out the salaries for doctors. Like ACTUAL real numbers, not theoretical fuzzy math like is often talked about. Making the 4th highest salary of all doctors, he would've. Figures. Adam didn't just randomly pick his specialty. He was a smart cookie.

3. Carson wanders around the house saying, "Excuse You" (instead of excuse me) when the phrase is warranted. Every time he sneezes, toots, or burbs. Nice.

4. It took an hour, but somehow I put together the Hot Wheels wall contraption thing for the boys. Thanks a lot Santa...it was definitely a boy toy to put together, and it gave me a headache. It should've been Adam's job. But I had some happy boys tonight.

5. I'm not sure why really, but I think that laundry has seemed to multiply by 100 lately. I never used to do laundry more than once weekly, but now it is an every day project and I don't know how to keep up on it. My chair is constantly covered in folded (this week anyway) laundry. I've been watching a bit too much HGTV and dreaming of amazing laundry rooms to store this beautiful mess.

6. Carson continues to talk to me in his sleep. Hearing "snuggle" at all hours of the night is no longer cute. But yes, it is amusing nonetheless.

7. I have started several more books. But have I finished one? No. I think my pile of started-but-not-finished-books is up to like 25 now. It's fairly pathetic.

8. I've cooked meals the last 6 nights in a row. I'm impressed.

9. Why has it taken me all these years to learn how to cook beans from a bag. This is a statement, not really a question. Thanks to B, I can now do this. AND (most importantly) they are delicious. I feel like I belong in Mexico with all the beans and rice we've eaten this week. And particularly with yummy tortillas from Costco (go buy those if you haven't tried them--the fresh ones that are not precooked. Yum). Maybe instead of Mexico I belong in Fresno. That would figure. Nah. That just does NOT sound right. At this point.

10. The first things Spencer said to me when I picked him up from school today went a little like this: "Mom. Did you go to the gym today?" Me: "No Spencer, I wasn't feeling great this morning." S:"But you HAVE TO go. You have to be HEALTHY Mom!!!" Great. Now instead of Adam lecturing me, I have my 4 year old. Figures.

2 comments:

beth said...

haha this is a great list. i especially like #10.

beckee said...

So, I had no clue about Romney's son, then an older lady in my ward asked ne if Wes know him...even then I was confused until I read this list...apparently she must think all radiology residents know each other...do you know where he's doing residency?

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.