Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summertime

Well, it's here! Summer. I don't totally know what we are going to do with our time yet, but here we are!

A part of me wants a lazy summer. The kind where we sleep in every day and the kids just hang around in shorts and swimsuits. But nope. I realize that this is likely my last summer home with them all, so it needs to he a mix of productivity and fun.

For my sanity (and my health) I upped my gym attendance this week. I know that the moment I set out a plan it will likely be thwarted, but I can attempt. Carson has been getting up at 5:30 all week, so I'm trying to just go with it and get some work done early this morning. What Carson doesn't realize is that I am moving him out of my room this week. Since he's still not sleeping all that great and still keeping me up, it is time for him to get used to a big boy bed. Bye bye baby.

So I really do want to have a bit of structure to this summer. I plan to take the kids to the gym daily so I can workout, and then we can all go swimming. We'll have library day. Zoo day. Naptime daily (reading time for Justin). We can go walk the lakes. Go for bike rides. Water balloon fights. Kiddie pools and Slip n Slides. Ticket to Ride marathons. Cooking lessons for the boys. Cleaning lessons for the boys. Yep. It's going to be perfect.

If I keep this rosy picture in my head, it'll happen, right? Positive thinking. Yep.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

And don't forget hanging out with us in the amusement park that is my back yard. :)

Heather said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.