Thursday, January 24, 2013

Twisted

In my twisted sense of humor, tonight I've been thinking about the odd, crazy comments I have experienced over widowhood. The two that top the past month or so include someone at work saying something about my being happily married (which begged the comment from me about how I WAS happily married before being widowed 2 1/2 years ago), and then the other was from someone at church, who doesn't really know me, asking where my husband was and why he couldn't watch my kids (as I was playing the organ prelude music with two of my kids hanging on me). That one was bad because I was so stunned that I had to ask her to repeat the question while I tried to comprehend the question again. I then very bluntly told her that my husband was dead. And tears ensued--from me. It is interesting how life experience just simply comes up in conversation. I now wonder how many times I have offended other people from stupid commentary of my own. Probably daily, because I'm just that dense. It teaches me how I have soooo much patience and tolerance to learn. So much.

1 comment:

Janeal said...

Yes, I know I have probably said things in ignorance, not meant to offend, just wanting to be friendly and make conversation. It grieves me to know I may have unintentionally hurt someone in that way. However, the person who criticized you as you were playing the organ was extremely insensitive. This is a great reminder to watch our tongues and guard the things we say. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.