Thursday, March 17, 2011

a new day has come...

Each day we do tough things. Some things are tough physically, others spiritually, mentally, emotionally. I haven't travelled by myself on a plane for...hmm...since maybe the summer before my senior year of high school. I realize at this moment that I traveled to UT by myself then too. Weird, since I've been to Utah only a handful of times in my life. I think this trip is particularly tough because the last time I went it was going for a quick weekend trip with Adam, one that proved to be one of the most important things I will have ever done in my life. It was a wonderful trip. It was the last real "us" trip Adam and I took. So this trip will be full of memories I'm sure. It will be tough.

Fear can be a paralyzing, painful thing I think. And we learn in the scriptures in 2 Timothy 1:7 that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of love and of a sound mind. I think as I do different things that are tough, that I'd rather not be doing at all, or to be doing with Adam, the words of that scripture come to my mind. The devil creates fear, not God. It's an important reminder. But for me...particularly today.

For tomorrow, happy birthday to my Adam and Happy Birthday to my Daddy. It'll be sad to not be able to listen to them race to wish one another happy birthday before the other one. Oh the changes of life.

I didn't wear green today. Oh well.

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

i found that scripture some time ago and think of it often too when i have to do something i have anxiety about. it is a good one. good luck on the plane. get a good book or better yet, a mindless magazine ;)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.