Monday, December 5, 2011

Sometimes I just wonder...

WHERE IS MY BRAIN!!??!!!

Ok, I don't think it's "sometimes." It is nearly every day!!!

I went to pay bills this morning and realized I'm missing a couple bills. It's like, I remember seeing them after I opened the mail, but I can't find them now. ANYWHERE. Gggrr. It seems I'm getting worse in the head these days. It's (of course) easy to blame my kids and wonder if they're throwing things away, but things like papers I don't think they'd throw away. It's other things like silverware, sippy cups, and other random objects I find Carson sticking in the trash. It's amazing how much I've fished out.

I did have to break down and buy a new kitchen garbage can. I (or one of my lovely children?) threw away the lid to our old one last week. Thankfully, I didn't like that trash can. Adam and I bought it when we were first married. You know, it's amazing how many things we have that we buy when we're first married that don't need replacing! Garbage cans are one of them! Wash them out periodically and they're good as new! It is sort of funny though the mentality when we're young and poor and think "someday we'll get something better so it doesn't matter that this bookshelf/garbage can/furniture is cheap" because 9 times out of 10, those items end up being around for a long time. Or forever! Oh, it is so silly!

I'm starting to wonder what other bills I haven't paid, by accident. We'll see when the Christmas lights get shut off, huh? :)

1 comment:

amber marie said...

we pay most of our bills online. we get the paper in the mail still but have a record to check online. maybe you could see if there is something like that for your lost bills?

it is so true about thinking you will buy nicer stuff "later". my friend's mother told me that as her marriage advice- to buy nicer kitchenware etc because you end up having it forever!

and losing your mind comes from old age ;) just teasing.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.