Whoa. I can tell it's going to be a tough day already. Carson was up overnight for an extended period of time. Ugh. I hit the snooze button today and then took my shower. None of the kids jumped out of bed and ran in my bathroom interrupting my shower as is usual. They are tired. So am I.
Spencer did run in, however, after I had wrapped myself in a towel and said that he was getting in the shower. I asked Spencer what he was doing while I took my shower (since he is a very light sleeper and always wakes up when he hears the water turn on) and he said, "Oh, just relaxing in my bed." I thought it was cute, until what he said next came out of his mouth. "I was thinking about all the things that I can't do with Daddy." I told him to list them. He said, "I can't go to the ice cream store with Daddy." I told him that I could take him instead. "I can't wrestle with Daddy." I told him that Heavenly Father gave him two brothers to wrestle with and other people like Collin (our teenage home teacher) to wrestle and play with. I did this for everything he listed. Ugh. I know it's hard for him. It's hard for me. It just shows that it doesn't matter if your dad died when you were 2 or 82. Losing a dad is tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.