For my Nebraska/Iowa friends, here is info on the annual event:
Mormon Trail Center Gingerbread Houses Display
25th Annual Gingerbread Festival: "A Season of Memories"
Mormon Trail Center - 3215 State Street
Free admission. (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas and after 4pm on Christmas Eve.) open 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
A display of over 100 gingerbread houses and other gingerbread creations.
Starting on November 20th, 2010 and running through January 1st, 2011, the Mormon Trail Center will house the annual Gingerbread House Display. The 2010 theme is "A Season of Memories." Another Gingerbread display will be taking place at the Kanesville Tabernacle in Council Bluffs, Iowa during the same period.
5 comments:
what a neat activity! i'm glad you had a good friend come visit. it is amazing how good you can feel after seeing someone who has known you for so long.
What a nice tradition! Please post a picture of the finished product... And I totally agree with you about friends. Friends are important and special in their own way. Glad you had such a good week! :)
WOW-you are impressing me! Every year we say maybe THIS will be the year we will try making a gingerbread house and then it seems overwhelming and hard to me adn I never do it. Wes always wants to though as do the kids. I guess I could still do one this year...or next...
I will look forward to seeing yours for sure! Let me know if you need any help with it-maybe I can learn how to do it by heling you! :)
melissa!!! soooo excited you had a good week!! i have been quite the stalker of your blog and wondered why you did not post for so long!!!! lol!!!! i was getting worried!! :0)
and i'm so glad to read about how well the ward is taking care of you too...not that i was worried...lol...they are so awesome. definitely my most favorite ward we ever lived in... for real. i remember wishing there was "country" in the ward boundaries so we could move back someday. :0) hey would you email or facebook me with your address when you get a free minute!? thanks!!! :0) big hugs!!
allyson :0)
I can't wait to see your Gingerbread house. Tyler and I always decorate one, one year I should put it in the Gingerbread festival!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.