--(I want to end on happy things today instead of the negative, so negatives come first). Not sure what to do about my old blog. I have a few posts that I was working on before the crash happened, ones that were almost ready to post about the remaining parts of our fun summer CA trip. Torn as to what to do, even though I want to finish it so I can make my blog books with them. Maybe I'll just finish them, print the books and be done with it? I dunno.
++ Got the boys haircuts yesterday, I hadn't gotten Spencer a cut since I cut his, Justin's, and Adam's just days before the crash. Spencer really needed it, he was pretty shaggy. + The haircuts were free (+ tip) because we won gift certificates in the school raffle. Justin was annoyed that we won something "un-fun" but I was very happy!:) A friend brought us over some homemade wheat bread and honey. YUM. I think I may eat the whole thing by myself. And the night before last, Spencer slept in his bed the whole night (after staying up until 11:30 or so). I was hoping we'd made a breakthrough, but he was back to his old antics again last night (but we're focusing on the positives in this part of the post). We had MAJOR celebration last night and had ice cream for him staying in his bed. OOh, and I discovered Fairway yesterday. Finally. A fun little (cheap) grocery store, I've always heard they are known for good meat. But I was more impressed that the checkers walk you out old-school like to your car (we only bought ice cream). Yay for Fairway. I might drive the trek over there just for the escort to the car during the winter. Signed us up for some of Ted E. Bear Hollow's activities, which I'm VERY excited about--everyone tells me that this is such an awesome program, I think it'll be good for the kids, and for all of us really.
Just had a fun memory. It was about this time last year that Adam and the boys and I were in DC, running around the place. We had such a good trip and sure had fun with April and Cord. I'm looking forward to April's visit here next week and a chance to show her around this place we call home now. It's nice to have fun things to look forward to amidst the crazy.
4 comments:
You really are amazing..you know that? You are my daily inspiration and example. I have been thinking that I want to plan a girl's reunion....like a Sierra Ward (maybe a few others) girls reunion. It's been way too long since I've seen you and Laura and I miss you guys. Keep doing just what you are doing...I am so proud of you for being so courageous even though you may not feel like it. You are always in my thoughts...always...
Wonderful on the positive things! I have visited your other blog a couple of times wondering what would become of it. Very good to know you are thinking of printing it into a book - very nice.
Melissa, would Melatonin be safe for Spencer to help him relax and get ready for a sleep cycle? My sister in law gives it to her Autistic son to help him, and I'm pretty sure that he has a chewable version from a health food store. She absolutely swears by it, so I thought I'd just throw it out there if it's something you might consider for him.
Melissa, as to your old blog... I would say to finish what you have there. I imagine that it is pretty hard, but in the years to come the boys will love being able to look back over things. And then this is only my opinion, but I would still carry on with a family blog. Either use the same one, or start a new one, but put one together for you to look back at things that are going on with the family still.
I love that you have done this post with the ups and downs of what you are going through. I started a personal blog (separate from our family one) when my husband was diagnosed with cancer, but have never been brave enough to let anyone read it.
I know it had been years, but lots of loves and smiles your way!!
Annaleesa
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.