Monday, December 20, 2010

Blue

Ah, how I've missed you Blue Sushi.  While tonight we went to a different location of Blue, it's still the same as the "other one" Adam and I used to go to during happy hour on our date nights (1/2 price sushi, awesome!).  Mmm.  Crunchy L.A. how I've missed you...and now I love mango crab rangoons too.  Glad my friends introduced me to them.  Yummy.  I love that there are so many good places to eat at in Omaha, but mostly glad that I had the chance to enjoy many of the "favorites" with Adam while we had the chance.  He loved food.  And Omaha knows food.

But more importantly, I've missed these friends.  Friends are funny things, you know?  I've realized the important of good people in my life, those who I haven't talked to in a while that have always been important people in my life.  Sometimes other things have kept me busy from keeping in contact with all of them, but they've stayed important nonetheless.  It's a frustrating thing to lose contact (or just not as much contact anyway) and yet, it's so refreshing to feel like old times again, to kick back and relax.  My kids enjoyed going over to my friends' parents' house A TON yesterday and today.  It was how I remember my childhood when visiting Grandma & Grandpa Malan's house--lots of little kids running around making noise and having a great time with kids their age.  I'm so glad the boys had the chance to do that.  It was very sweet of their dear family.

Off to do laundry now and enjoy my fuzzy white Oscar de la Renta robe that Adam bought me some years ago.  I remember how sad I was when he didn't buy it at Sam's Club that year, I think I had not-so-well hinted at it for Christmas.  So he found it online and bought it for me.  It was one of his better online purchases, I must say.  I still laugh when I think about him buying stuff off ebay in the early days of ebay.  Stinky smokey-smelling new slippers he bought me one time...not so great.   But like lots of things in life, it was a trial and error of how to online purchase.  Oh, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.