T came over to do something crafty with me this morning. What a joke! I see why I haven't been crafty for years now, with little kiddos running amuck it's nearly impossible! But we had a good chat, so that was more than ok. And I was able to organize some of my piles of scrapbook paper before she came, so that was nice. So much for my dream craft room, exercise room, play room, library, bedrooms for each of our children...and indoor pool that Adam and I had planned in that dream house of ours. It was always a dream, and a dream it will stay! Ha! Right now I'd settle for an easy way to organize my crafts so I can access them....ok, or maybe at least just know where they all are in a couple shelves!
Then I turned on the weather channel this afternoon. At the very second I did so, a tornado was distroying part (so the reports say) of my friend's city in Alabama. I blinked several times, thinking the odds of hitting her small town? Come ON! So I called her, texted her, facebooked her, texted another friend....worrying. I got a text back (thankfully) saying that they were ok. Yikes. The footage I've seen is just nuts. So grateful she, her little boys and hubby are safe.
Dinner went ok, Carson must be having a growth spurt. He shoves food in his mouth as fast as his grubby little hands will allow. It's a funny sight, considering a month ago he gagged on everything he put in his mouth (I'm blocking out the one gagging episode and change of clothes that he had today...). Oh yeah, I gave him bits of an oreo today, which of course he loved. Yeah, I'm mother of the year. Whatev. Happy Children=Happy Mom.
And then I got a call and heard the news of Baby A's arrival. I think M & C were, well, afraid to tell me maybe, but somehow I knew when they called to tell me. I'm so excited for them. He's here and is safe and sound. Adam is probably wanting to shake his head like he did when I told him that Justin's middle name HAD to have his name as a middle name, it was simply required. And yet I think he probably understands (now) how his life impacted many many others, and why his name fits this baby. I should keep a running list of the stories I hear daily of strangers (and not-so-strangers) who have been somehow affected by Adam's life and death, many times in a really roundabout way. It humbles me. But I digress. I'm thrilled for M & C. I love them, and their family. They ARE family in every sense for Adam and I--always have been. I love that. And I will forever be grateful for the weekend Adam and I went to UT for their wedding. Carson will have to thank them someday too.
Justin received his Wolf rank at Pack Meeting tonight. Whew. A month before his 9th birthday. It gave me pause all day that the last big award Justin got, Adam was there--Adam was the one who Justin was pinning that night instead of me (I was working). At first glance, it breaks my heart that I missed that moment, but then I'm well aware that if I HAD been there that I would've been the one being pinned (just like tonight--since it's generally the moms who are pinned) and that makes me glad that Adam was involved with Justin's scouting. I just wish he were here to enjoy it with Justin, for these things are so much what Adam enjoyed about having little boys and being able to teach them outdoorsy stuff. I will never be able to take that place. I hate fishing....HATE it. Sexist, maybe--but I think fishing is something for guys to love....There's something about inflicting pain on fish, poking them with a giant fish hook. Gutting them. Eewww. Don't get me started on how traumatized I am for going salmon fishing with Adam and his grandpa when we were engaged. While yummy to eat, the actual process.....NOT so lady-like. I kind of have cavemen talk in my head now, thinking about it. "Woman. Me catch big fish. You be impressed. You happy. Me fish so you eat. Grrr." Ok, now I'm smiling. I need to locate my favorite Adam-with-his-giant-salmon-fishing picture. Ahh.
Justin and I celebrated his Wolf accomplishment with a milkshake. Spencer, didn't get one. Spencer has been so moody, SO MOODY, that I've had to put my foot down. A LOT. He had a timeout at pack meeting. Oh, that boy. Adam and I always said he would be our difficult one. Unfortunately, he's got a very watchful pair of younger eyes that watch his every move. I'm in trouble! I'm just praying for a reprieve in Carson.
All in all, maybe more positives than negatives today? I guess it's all about my attitude. And since all three babies are sleeping at this very moment, my attitude is good. Check back with me in a hour....
3 comments:
I love this post!! It's amazing to see how similar our lives are sometimes. Can you believe Justin and Ethan are turning nine?! It seems like we were just pregnant with them! Ethan got his Wolf at the pack meeting last month and I thought the same thing, "Whew we made it in time for his birthday". I am learning this scouting thing is ALL the mothers job. LOL, at least in my house it is!
I wish you guys could come and visit this summer. I've been meaning to email you for days. If you feel like a long road trip and getting out of there for a bit this summer, know that you are totatlly invited to our home. I'd cook for you, take the kids fishing at the casting pond (you are guaranteed to catch at least three tiny fish in one night and you guys throw them back-minimal pain for the poor fish!), watch chic flicks, and just have a fun time. Think about it. For real think about it.
And I don't know if you've ever thought about digital scrapbooking, but it's what's saved my life! I use Photoshop Elements ($50 at Costco) and predone pages by this designer-
www.creativitybycrystal.blogspot.com) I use the same page for all the kids and just change it up a little. The way the cost of one page gets split four ways. I print the pages at Coscto too. It has revolutionalized scrapooking since I don't have to deal with the mess. With little ones, it's been the best change ever. Except Ammon might not like the thousands of dollars in paper and stamps abandoned downstairs. ;-) LOL!
Anyway, I've been meaning to write this novel for a long time...should have been in an email so sorry I put it here. Love you tons and you are doing a great job.
Elijah is totally addicted to oreos... among other unhealthy things... so I feel like the bad mom if this is the first oreo Carson got and here Eli is just binging on them all day (okay not all day but he is binging on fruit snacks!).
i love your blog as always. so raw, genuine and uplifting. thank you for teaching me something everyday and helping me become a better person by following your example :)
Thanks so much for checking on me. Seriously, it meant a ton!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.