Monday, May 9, 2011

when mom forgets to do laundry....

it isn't such a great thing! Oops. Oh well. The washer and dryer are chugging along. I also got exercise in and mowed the lawn. It truly wouldn't be exercise if it weren't for my giant hill in my backyard. I always like to hope no neighbor is watching me...but I think I got caught today. The guy we refer to as the "hot tub neighbor" was out mowing his yard not long after I finished (hot tub neighbor built a balcony off of his bedroom and has a secret fortress--a tall wood privacy fence--built around the edges of this deck. Adam and I were positive it was so hot tub neighbor could have nude hot tub bathing...but I digress...). I have determined it easier (even if ridiculous looking) to run up the hill when mowing my backyard. Ever see someone run while mowing? Well, don't become my neighbor because then you would. Ahh. Mower-0, Melissa-2. Yes. I'm keeping score.

Mother's Day was pleasant, except for two of my monkey children deciding to be naughty at church so we had to leave early because I was sick of wandering the halls with them after 2 hours. But, backup a bit. We had THE BEST breakfast dropped off at my doorstep. It was so pretty, I took pictures. I have NEVER (and I mean NEVER) heard so many ooohs and ahhhs over a meal in my life--from both my boys and me. Carmel French toast with fresh whipped cream, beautiful, yummy fresh berries, and little smokies. AND there were leftovers, so we indulged again today. Thank you, sweet friend. She should've been sleeping in and enjoying her own Mother's Day. Very, very sweet of her. Then last night we were invited to dinner to our friends' house, along with a couple of single men from our ward. I giggled about the whole thing, which is good. I needed a good giggle. Oh this stupid now-single-life that I'm in, its utterly ridiculous. It can be comical somedays and thankfully yesterday was comical and made me smile. Well, truth be told the whole "going home early from church" didn't make me smile. Neither did finding my 14 month old climbing over the back of the couch, jumping off our end tables and trying to play with a lightbulb in the lamp on said end table earlier in the morning, but on the whole, it wasn't a bad day--as I was wholeheartedly expecting. Another friend had helped the boys make me presents out of my favorite color--green---and had made an ice cream cake (with green sprinkles) that had been left in my freezer. And she left me sweet presents. Maybe it's a good thing that last Mother's Day wasn't the happiest, Adam was working, so that weekend is a blur in my mind. But last Mother's Day was the last time he gave me a present. And frustratingly enough, the slide show that he made for me HE deleted--right before he died--to change the pictures on the digital picture frame. Good going hon! Oh well. While I didn't see the value in that frame at the time, it has been helpful this year. We keep Daddy pictures on it and the kids love sitting next to it to watch themselves with Daddy.

And laundry day continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.