Today I am thankful for the freedoms I enjoy. The right to worship as I see fit, to have a family, to vote, to live in safety and prosperity. I am thankful for good friends and family. I am grateful for good influences on my family. For the ability and opportunity to learn.
I am grateful for tritip. For pasta salad, mac n cheese, sugar cookies, lemons, strawberries dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. For slip in slides. For good belly laughs from babies. For lightening bugs. For life experience. For hot summer days and summer evenings with a little breeze. For fireworks. For sleeping children after a day of fun.
I'm thankful for the 4th of July that I had 12 years ago. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I still have the blue sleeping bag that Adam used at random 12 years ago--it was used to sit on and watch fireworks above our heads. I didn't know as I sat there that night that I would be getting engaged the next night at Morro Bay. What a great day at the beach that was, just me and Adam. A picture perfect day.
I love memories. Good ones. I love that we got to make new memories tonight. Every day brings new challenges and learning opportunities. I'm learning that the treasure lies in each day that I have--how I choose to make the most of every moment I have. I love that. I love those who give me strength, peace, and most of all today, who are just so much fun!
I love so much. Love my little corn field I discovered last night. It may be where I go when I need a good cry. I hope these tears dry eventually more permanently. But for tonight, my tears can dry for a bit while I smile upon my good day and smile upon the memories I have of 12 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.