In the hospital in the days that followed the crash, Spencer had a tantrum everytime the kitchen staff brought him grapes. He wailed that he wanted "grapes with stems on" instead of grapes that were ready to eat. I remember calling and asking the kitchen if this was even possible. In my haze, I don't know if they actually ever did bring him grapes with the stems still attached. They did so much for us while we were there, I'd bet that they did bring them as requested.
At dinner tonight, I gave the boys grapes, with the stems on (because I'm feeling pretty lazy). Spencer said, "Mom, I remember sitting over there (pointing to the other side of the table) with Dad and eating grapes with the STEMS ON!!" These little memories that he has I try to hang onto. But it was this flash to the hospital that hit me. I don't remember Adam EVER feeding the boys grapes, but he must've. And if Spencer says it happened, then it will be something I help him remember for the rest of his life. Because the memories of Adam are fading for him, I hang on to each and every one that I can.
1 comment:
I love when my kids share memories that I don't even know about or remember.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.