Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tears of Gratitude.

I guess I'm just counting my blessings today...and realizing that I'd forgotten about a few.

A sweet family from church watched Carson for me so I could go talk to a CPA this morning--it is tax season, after all. I thought things were going to be ridiculously complex with taxes this year and I was pleasantly surprised to find they weren't. And the CPA didn't charge me for our short chat, which he totally could've (should've) done. I was on the verge of a crying breakdown as I sat in his office and explained "the situation" with him. He gave me such good advice, so I feel a billion times better. I actually think I've figured out what I need to do, work-wise.

It is a beautiful day. This winter really hasn't been very "wintery" at all--it has been my idea of a perfect winter. I wish every winter could be like this! Just a few snows and just a few very cold days. Perfect. The sun was shining today; I got the car a much needed carwash. I drove by "my house"--the one I want to buy and am sort of hoping things will all fall in to place over the next couple months to make it happen. I saw they were doing some work on the house.

As I drove up to my (current) house, it occurred to me that I hadn't checked for tulips or daffodils peeking out of the ground yet this year. Every year at about this time, I check all the time. It seems those bulbs coming out of the ground signify that "Yes. Winter WILL END." I was literally startled as I started creeping around my yard to find that indeed, tulips and daffodils have emerged from the ground. I can't wait to show the boys after school. They'll be so excited. Hopefully they don't step on them....I can just picture Spencer....

It's weird. Every time I start to tell myself that I need to leave Omaha, I realize how good I have it here. There is no denying that. Thinking about all the many people in our lives who surround us and buoy us up...I don't know how it makes any sense to leave what we have, truly! I think I'm feeling more confident in my decisions. Not a ton more confident, but maybe just a little. Pondering on my blessings helps cement the logic of staying in Omaha I suppose.

Tears of gratitude today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.