Friday, June 10, 2011

Bottles

They're a thing of the past in this house now. I'm a bit hyperfocused on this fact tonight. I can't believe that I may have given my last bottle to my last baby two nights ago. That's so frustrating. It's a frustrating fact to have had this aspect of my life taken away. I love my babies, I love having babies, and I loved making babies. It's just such a tough reality to think that this may be it. Done. Also frustrating when I have a fully functioning body that I can't put to use. Ugh. Hmm. Ooops. I said I wasn't going to be negative. Ok, so instead to end with a positive...Carson didn't have an fatal reaction to his amoxicillin that he's apparently allergic to, didn't require a trip to the ER and oral steroids and benedryl are helping. Whew. Yep. Very grateful for that tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote this--I know a little of what you are going thru. I love being a mom, and making babies. Due to age and other factors, I'll never have any more kids. I still find myself a little sad every month. I still think of my never-to-be-born kids's names, their personalities. I still have my kids' sippy cups. Wondering if you are indeed done having babies is its own type of grief. Grief never ends, does it? Stupid grief!
--Jennifer Breinholt

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.