When I woke up this morning, I found myself quoting (in my head) the title of one of the only country music CDs I own (for the record, I completely detest country music! But I do like this particular CD.). The title: Did I Shave My Legs for This? That's the first thing I thought. Maybe it's a bit uh, crude to some to say such things, but really, this IS NOT how I planned my life. I was supposed to get married, suffer through med school/residency and live happily ever after with my handsome husband and grow old together, watch our children grow old, and just be happy.
It's interesting how I crave sleep. Not just because I'm tired, but mostly because I look forward to not thinking, resting my brain (minus the crazy dreams and intermittant nightly wake ups from kids), and just leaving this crazy life for a few minutes. Yes, I definitely crave sleep. Still. I wonder if that will ever end.
Ran a few errands this morning and needed to make a trip over to 'my' hospital. So I decided to go up and see my great girls that I work with there. I don't think I was prepared for how much I've missed them when they all swarmed around me in the hall. Ahh. Now to reevaluate what I want to do job-wise. Things are so in the air that it's hard for me to make a decision. So many options, seemingly at least. What is best? But then I have to figure out what is important...and right now the first thing (most important thing) is good healthcare/benefits. After watching Grey's Anatomy last night and them talking about someone getting married just for paperwork purposes, so the guy could have health insurance...I kinda had to laugh to myself. If only it were that simple, find someone to add us onto their health insurance. Any of my married friends want to add me (us) onto your insurance? I'm sure polygamy would be ok legally if it were just for paperwork purposes--health insurance purposes--right? Haha! Certain realities of life are so ridiculous, it's not even funny. They're just downright stupid. But such IS life. And as is the case with all the other stupidities in life that I'm dealing with....I'm dealing the best I can.
Did I shave my legs for THIS? Absolutely not.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.