So we started tonight again. It's funny how the last verse of chapter one of 1st Nephi has so many truths in it. I asked Justin what he thought a "tender mercy" is. I asked him if he thought we've received any blessings since Daddy died. He told me "no." That stopped me short, bothered me tremendously. I realized the importance of acknowledging to him each time we receive a blessing, a service rendered to our family, or a kindness of some sort. There are thousands that we've received over the past five months, so I clued him in to a few. And then I verbally listed some from today only. And this isn't all. But I told him of the following:
- Taylor B. coming to shovel our driveway and walkways before church.
- Sis. Kunz soothing my screaming baby in the hall after church while I searched the building for my other two kids.
- Frank J. for taking my keys from me, starting my car and getting snow off my car while I rounded kids up and got coats on them.
- Teigan and Paula holding Carson for me while I played the piano a couple times at church. I've missed playing the piano.
- The AMAZING freezer meal that we ate tonight for dinner, made by one of my friend Stacy J's church friends. Seriously amazing, I thought I hated pork chops, but apparently not! They were great, and so was the yummy "yellow rice." Who knew that something frozen could be SO SO SO GOOD!?! And it was made by a total stranger for us. It makes me tear up.
- Great primary teachers that taught my boys today (Spencer's first day of primary, he LOVED it!)
- John M. for helping me load all my kids in the car.
- Jared B. for holding Carson and giving me a break during Sunday School. Those breaks mean so much, and Carson has made a new bud, of which I'm glad.
- All the offers of help with my kids today.
- The Vacanti's offering to help Spencer out of his tantrum. Ahh, if only there was a magic wand to stop those tantrums!:)
"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
5 comments:
so true. it makes me tear up to read through all the people who are stepping in to help you and the boys. i really liked your last post on notes. i keep- or was keeping before i had dane- a journal for camilla. every couple nights i write a paragraph to her telling her something cute that she did or said or just expressing my feelings to her. your post got me thinking how something like that would be good to do for ryan too. just in case, like you said, lightening strikes.
love you all.
Thanks for the great message. Will use it tonight for FHE. You are the greatest!
i love, love, love this post. your are one incredible lady. lots of love. m
Thanks for this article.Such a wonderful reminder for us all. My brother sure raised a strong faithful girl-amazing! May the Lord continue to make your back strong. We love you!
I just read that about a week ago, how did it not register? Thank you for your post!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.