It is 58 degrees out. It is perfect. Fall is in the air. I picture a day at the beach when it is like this. I also picture apple picking, pumpkin patches and Vala's with friends. I imagine apple cider donuts and hoodies. Trick or treating and lots of leaves to rake. Ahh. I love fall. One of my favorite things about living away from California.
I am making plans. Big plans. That is fun. It is fun to dream and to imagine what could be my life. And I'm looking forward to a mini break this weekend. All moms and dads need a break, but I would venture to say that widows and widowers need a very different type of break. It differs from breaks that our divorced friends have, with parental visitation that occurs somewhat scheduled. I have often thought about what it would he like to know that I could plan grocery or shopping trips around such occurrences. It is interesting how our lives parallel in many ways as single parents, yet are very, very different.
My mom is visiting. She gets to oooh and ahhh at the boys' swim lessons today. It is nice to have another person share in simple joys for a change today. It is also nice not to stress about cleaning for her visits. It is funny to me to think how different my mind set was before Adam passed. Maybe I feel like I get a hall pass for attempted perfection now. Now I figure, I don't have to attempt. I just have to make things presentable. Maybe.
Mmm. I think my house is in need of something fall tasting. I think I may break out the pumpkin tonight and make some pumpkin bars. Can you tell I'm sitting outside and enjoying the fall? I am. It is lovely. Perfect. Really.
4 comments:
And here I was thinking it was COLD today and I started dreading the coming winter, which has basically already started in my mind. Haha. You've been in Nebrasky too long. Or maybe I need to learn to suck it up. Haha. Glad to hear it was a good day!
Yay for fall...and yay for your mini-break! You deserve it :)
I just want to leave you my testimony that God knows. If you can, try not to worry. He wants you to have a happy life- even if it really stinks for a while. Xoxoxo to you.
Assuming there are probably few other widows near you with young children... Also, this may not be the case in your ward but most divorced women statistically have children with an absent father. If you're interested you may find some sisters near you or moms from school who would love a babysitting swap so they too could have a few moments alone. I'd come watch them for you if i I
could.
CAMPING?! Seriously, mother of the year award. I mean it. I whole-heartedly believe in my own personal motto that "you do what you have to do when you HAVE to do it"...but camping- that is something I don't think I would have tried. But you did and I have to say, I'm amazed!
Glad you are enjoying fall. There is not anything even resembling something like fall here. In fact at the few "pumpkin patches" we have the pumpkins usually rot because of the heat! So enjoy, I will live through you and your chilly days :)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.