Thursday, September 8, 2011

Whew

Today was a decent day. I've determined that the less "stuff" on the calendar, the better. My brain is much less cluttered for the day and I have much less anxiety. I don't know how I will do it all when I need to work full time AND do mom stuff. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It isn't today.

I made dinner. I should've taken a picture to prove it. I realized while I was cooking why I've gotten so lazy with dinner. It isn't soley because the kids won't eat anything--it is because Carson gets in to trouble everytime I attempt to cook anything! And then he's taken to climbing my legs and whining/crying "Mimiiiiiii" which also makes things slightly difficult. Anyway. Breakfast for dinner. My favorite mini quiche tartlets that I haven't made since Adam. They always look so cute (and are yummy). Spencer wasn't a fan. Too bad for him.

I have put off several things, not intentionally, but simply because I don't have enough brain power to remember everything that isn't "vital" or "required" these days. It occured to me tonight that if I didn't go online and find all the articles written about the defendant's sentencing, they might be gone at a later date. I have kept a word document of all the articles and commentary surrounding Adam's death, for future reference. I kept up on all of it as it happened, but didn't save a few after the "plea" and I had only read two articles after his sentencing. It is *again* interesting to me how wrong the media gets stuff. I mean, how difficult IS math? Really? You people can't add 15 + 5 and then divide it in half for "good behavior" to equal 10? It's so silly--8 was the answer they came up with. It is also silly how wrong the story they tell over and over. No. We DIDN'T get to take first day of school pictures. NO. Adam wasn't on his way to take them to school. They were coming home from eating donuts. It's such idiocy. But that is the industry. An industry that people depend on for information. Anyway. I saved all the articles. And comments from people. I didn't save the comments early on (which are now gone from online, some of them) because I wasn't really thinking how someday the boys will probably want to know what the community was thinking and saying about the whole incident. But I saved the recent ones. All 120+ pages later of documents. I am really glad I won't have to open those for at least another 7 years--I figure at around age 16 Justin will be mature enough to understand the whats and hows to what happened.

Rereading this article again today. It really is amazing. I'm SO looking forward to General Conference again in a few weeks. I love that it'll be broadcast on cable (channel 150, my Cox friends) and online. There's nothing better than getting an extra spiritual boost. Who doesn't want that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.