Saturday, October 16, 2010

Laughing

Sort of.  Maybe I'm just tired so my sense of humor is a bit of twisted, but I was listening to Sting tonight while writing thank you notes (I was getting excited that I finished off a roll of 100 stamps...until I realized that I'm probably only about 1/3 into the notes that I need to write of those that I "know" I need to thank.  I wish I knew more of the service rendered so I could thank people, but it's really impossible I suppose.).  "Every Breath You Take" came on and I had to laugh really.  I've always thought of that song as sort of a stalker song and tonight I kind of had to laugh, in hopes that maybe Adam is watching every breath I take.  Yeah, that might sound a bit odd but I suppose it would be comforting to just always know exactly when he's really watching.  But I do know he is, at least sometimes he is.  Other times I know that he is very very busy on the other side.  And on another day when I'm not in such a thank you note fog I'll post a great spiritual thought I had for today after receiving a very powerful letter in the mail today.  I love when I get something great in the mail and the mail isn't just full of obnoxious stuff like irritating United Healthcare insurance garbage.  Good mail is worth a million bucks.  But then, so is Sting.  Adam and I used to always laugh about my 'old' men "boyfriends," and Sting was one of them.  Thanks for the chuckle Sting.  It's better than a cry right now.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sean Connery (sp?) is one of my old men boyfriends. And then there's always George... I never thought of that song as a stalker song before, but I will now. :)

kelly said...

I love that song but Tyler and I have also marked it as a stalker song. It kind of makes stalkers seem a little better though.

Lori said...

Funny, I have a list of old men boyfriends too! Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Steve Martin... I know there are others, but that so isn't the point.

Thinking of you Melissa!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.