The first on my list tonight is sort of a funny-ha-ha sort of blessing. I was noticing the house started feeling cold before I headed to my bedroom for the night, so I thought I'd go adjust the temp. It was 73. As I moved the control back to 75 where I generally like it, I discovered that one (or two...or three) little munchkin turned the a/c down to 54. Good thing I caught that! :)
I was telling a friend the other day how this summer has seemed rather busy--busier than every past summer. Tonight, it dawned on me that I think I know why: My boys are busier than ever. No, I don't have them signed up for 12 sports teams and 8 lessons of some sort. I think that they're just active, growing boys. And I've compensated by making sure they're kept busy--as much as possible, anyway. I've also tried to carve out some "me" time, which has probably also contributed to the busyness. That said, tonight I'm grateful for this nice busy summer that we're having. It's nice to be home with them, even if they are driving me a bit CRAZY!!
Summary of my week:
4/5 gym days (YAY for new Power Step class--I LOVE!), 1 giant head cold for me (couldn't get to the gym if I wanted to today), 1 birthday party to attend, 2 trips to the splash pad, 1 trip to the pool, 1 trip to the library, 1 visit from a friend, 1 grocery shopping trip, 1 cub scout night, 1 cub scout meeting (me), 1 trip to pick strawberries at Bellevue Berry Farm, 5 containers of homemade freezer jam made, 2/4 successful nights of sleeping in a toddler bed without getting up to play in the middle of the night (Carson), bills paid, talked on the phone a lot to friends (and Mom--I do a lot of that!), naps taken, lawn mowed, doctor appointment had, and as I complete this list, I realize not a whole lot of service. Hmm. I need to figure out how to incorporate that into our lives a bit better--the boys need to see and do more of that. Maybe we'll deliver some of that freezer jam tomorrow....
Still need to do tomorrow: removal of wasp nests in fence. Hopefully they aren't too giant by tomorrow. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.