Tuesday, September 21, 2010

1 & 1

I met yesterday with the "aftercare director" from the funeral home.  She informed me of the many community resources available, and it makes me thankful (once again) that the boys and I are in Omaha through all this.  REALLY thankful.  I can't wait to get the kids involved in Ted E. Bear Hollow and some of the great programs that are at our fingertips.  And I will be forever grateful that we went through Heafey-Heafey-Hoffman-Dvorak-Cutler.  They are THE best and I wish that my family would have them to use when I die--so compationate, kind, and helpful.  So much.  I wish I could bottle them up and take them for all my relatives passings.

So this woman, Sharon (aftercare director), suggested I write down a positive and a negative each day.  This might make some of my journaling/blogging easier on some days when that's all I write.

Yesterday

+  Speaking to a very neat, kind, older woman on the phone.  I won't forget our brief phone chat as long as I live.  Never.

+  Celebrating Spencer's birthday.  Discovered The Cake Gallery for his yummy cake since I didn't feel like baking.  Opened fun presents and cards from family.  He wanted donuts for dinner.
--  Missing Adam's hugs.

--Donuts for dinner.  Had a meltdown inside Winchell's because of course this was the last place Adam went with the boys "that morning," right before the crash.  But they wanted donuts so I dealt anyway.

Today:

+ Sweet Teigan and Taylor did an amazingly beautiful job on my yard this morning.  And it poured rain when they were all through.  I think Adam was expressing his thanks too through the rain--it looks lovely.

--Laundry day.  It seems that the days go by so quick that I can't believe another week has gone by and it's time, yet again.  I'm still at such a standstill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.