a dad and brother today, Plus a mom for another chunk of time. Thankful for all that they've been doing for me and my boys. I know I am born of "goodly parents" and am grateful for everything. Saying "everything" is the only way to describe the millions of things they've done for me. But for my own record, a summary of some (a very small smattering) of the things....
plane trips with screaming children to bury their daddy, rocking screaming children while I deal with the millions of phone calls needing made, diapers and more diapers changed, organizing my life and house, showing me how to jump start my car if needbe, how to put on new windshield wipers when it's -30 outside this winter, show me where all the bells and whistles are on my van, figuring out how to get photos and video off of Adam's phone that is very old (but somehow still working after the accident), helping go to the cemetery with me multiple times and helping explain with me the significance of burying my Adam to my boys, helping distract the boys in many ways and places, food, shopping, spraying my house for spiders, fixing up my basement for "what if" situations, fixing a million things Adam didn't have time to get to, Priesthood blessings, scrubbing bathrooms, helping with J's homework, helping me figure out paperwork and life as I now know it, helping me with finances and planning, pointing out some of the interesting spiritual parallels in life. So much for which to be thankful, and for the moment I will focus my thoughts on those thoughts of gratitude. I just have to stop and focus on the positives, for there are many if I'll but look.
3 comments:
Still thinking about you and praying for you daily. I'm so glad you've got such a wonderful family to be with you. Love you!
Melissa, a good reminder for us all. Especially to focus on the wonderful people in our lives. What a blessing families are. And I know you know that there are so many of us that wish we were closer and could help as well. It's been so neat to hear of all the support and love you have!
You were certainly born of goodly parents. I hope Ma & Pa Malan know how much the rest of us appreciate them, too! Taking care of you when we can't be there. Much love to all of you!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.